A colonial treasure with captivating harbour views
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 1 Car
A rare and prized offering, Kaikoura' stands proud on a commanding elevated block overlooking Sydney Harbour at the tip of the Balmain peninsula. Built c1840, this sandstone treasure rests amid beautiful gardens on over 300sqm with panoramic north-easterly views centred on the iconic Harbour Bridge creating a spectacular backdrop to the impeccably appointed interiors. Entrenched in Balmain's maritime history, the meticulously restored home is set over three view-swept levels and retains a wealth of beautiful original features. Stroll to the ferry wharf, Darling Street cafes and harbour parks.
• A coveted peninsula setting with panoramic harbour and bridge views
• Luxurious master suite with a dressing room and NE facing balcony
• Attic level ideal as a media room/teen retreat with breathtaking views
• Formal lounge and dining rooms, family room and casual dining
• Quality granite kitchen, large laundry/artist's studio with extra W.C.
• Manicured gardens with sheltered dining terrace, parking on title
• Main bathroom with clawfoot bath, attic storage, parquet floors
• Restored fireplaces, leadlight windows, ornate ceilings, iron lacework
• 350m to Balmain East ferry, quick and easy commute to the city
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
1 garage space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.